We are delighted and honoured to welcome silver designer, Tomas Cenius to Tartooful in North Vancouver, Canada, on 21 October 2014, from 1-7pm. Come meet the designer, and enjoy an extraordinary Trollbeads event!
This artist is known to all of us as the creator of some of Trollbeads’ most beloved silvers, including the venerable “Scarab”, the cheeky “High Heel” and my own personal dream bead – gold “Four Seasons”. Three beads in particular that celebrate stages of family life have charmed so many of us: “Dancing”, “Marry Me” and “Family” beautifully capture life’s most tender moments.
In addition, he caught our attention as the designer of a great many of the World Tour silvers… “Love Locks”, “Kilt”, “Beetle”, “Viennese Walz”, “Sunflowers”, “Clogs”, “St Bernard Dog” and so many more showcased with flair the wide range of this artist’s interests, styles and skills.
Dream Bead: Four Seasons Gold by Tomas Cenius
Tomas Cenius began his journey as a silver designer as a self taught artist. He began his career modelling comic book figures in clay before learning the art of wax modelling from Soren Nielsen. Under Soren’s tuition Tomas became a master of the craft and created jewelry for Denmark’s Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, but prefers designing jewelry that anyone can afford and enjoy. Now an acclaimed artist, he describes his style as clean, Nordic design combined with figurative forms.
“Essentially my goal is to make beautiful jewelry that touches people. I give the same attention to every piece, whether it is for the Royal couple or the lady next door.”
“When I work with Trollbeads I like the fact that I design something that defines human emotions.”
“My role model was Kaj Nielsen, a great modeller. He taught me the most important tool when you are making sculptures: To work with the shadow boundary!”
To celebrate this memorable occasion, Tartooful is throwing a Trollbeads event to remember…
- Special Event selection with tons of uniques to choose from
- Gifts with minimum Purchase: $100 – travel pouch, $200 – jewel box, first 10 to purchase $300 receive an original sketch by Tomas
- Purchase three items and receive the fourth as our gift, OR purchase a decorative lock and receive a bracelet chain as our gift
- Bring your “odd beads out” to exchange with other collectors – it’s a wonderful way to get to know your fellow Trollies
- Sweet indulgences and bubbly
- Enter to win one of our grand prizes – we will be giving away a Trollbeads white jewel box and… (drumroll please…) one of Tomas’ original sketches!
So… mark your calendar… deck yourself in all your best Trollbeads… grab a girlfriend and make your way to Tartooful on Tuesday, 21 October 2014 from 1-7pm. We can’t wait to see all of you there!